Thursday, June 13, 2013

Love is Joy, Just spend time with a 3 year old

I have been spending time with my granddaughter, really spending time with her. It is amazing how much joy I have found. Today we played super hero's. I had no idea how to play and she told me, "just let you hero go Grammy" Wow what a jolt of reality! Just let my hero go! So I had the best time making my super hero, "Shampoo Man" into the greatest hero of all time! And his side kick Conditioner girl! We laughed, you know that baby belly laugh that kids can do! It was amazing and then she wanted to snuggle and brush my hair and I brushed her hair. We just had such a great time!

Tomorrow I go back home to adult things, sewing deadlines and adults, sometimes angry with out even knowing why! I will take with me my Super Hero and his sidekick, to try and keep the innocent joy of love and the ability to let go of all the "stuff" that manages to clog down my day.

My poor little Granddaughter is going through a really really tough time in her young life, her dad dropped out of the picture, with out notice or warning, well at least to her. She does not understand. Her Momma has lots of things to work through, like bills and jobs and day care! It is a very tough time for all, but I know the importance of Keeping the super hero close at hand, to let him clean out all of the "dirt" that keeps our joy hidden, and our love buried.

My Daughter is smart, she will over come, she is a good Momma, her daughter loves her very much and reminds her to play, I am hopeful. I talk to her and tell her it will get better, life will move on, just keep the heart of a 3 year old and keep the joy close at hand, the rest will work it's self out.

So get off the computer and go play and learn to find joy, at least for the rest of the day~

No comments:

Post a Comment