Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What was he thinking!

Normally I am saying that about myself, I do something totally lame and smack my forehead and wonder what the heck I was thinking! Today the question is totally for someone else and their hair-brained action.

I took my sister in law to the doctor today, she has her leg in a cast and can't drive, her daughter had to work and my Mother in law, her back up had surgery last week. So that left me the only other person in the family that has a drivers license. But truly it was a fun day and I love my Sister in law, I can really whine about my husband to her, since he was always the pesky older brother, she gets it!

But back to the lame idiot who almost caused a pile up on the already totally over crowded Southern California freeway. Traffic was going at a reasonable clip, not lagging by any standard but it was not the open road to 90 miles per hour either. Mr. "Air Head" decided that he wanted to get around the traffic, how this thought entered into his brain when it was quite obvious that even if he could pass a few cars he was not going to break any records getting to his destination. It was clearly one of those days that if you calmed down and went with the flow of traffic you would reach your destination. Then an idiot has to go and mess up the natural flow of things.

We were on the 10 heading West, there were four lanes of traffic, I was in the slow lane getting close to my exit going at about 45 miles per hour the constant flow of traffic for the last 25 miles or so.

I was chatting with my Sister in law about men in general how stupid they can be when Mr."Air Head" tries to pass me on the shoulder! I am as serious as I have ever been, this guy is trying to pass on the right Shoulder coming up to an exit! With no intention of getting off, he just wanted to get around, get around about 700 vehicles in front of him!

The worse thing he did was startle me and several others who were in his way! What the heck are you supposed to do when some idiot does something like that! i applied my breaks with about as much pressure that I applied the horn and my terrible vocabulary went into over drive! OK I was in the Army, I can talk potty mouth with the best of them. I am still amazed that the idiot did not cause any major damage to our vehicle or any one else's, he might have raised a few eyebrows and definitely raised my blood pressure. But the thing that gets me the most is he got no where faster, he risked the lives of so many people for that stupid stunt, just to get some place a few seconds sooner.

I am still mad at the jerk, I am still thinking what a terrible thing could have happened. So I am happy to get to my destination in one piece, maybe a little late, maybe a little bit stressed, but that mans karma bill is due!


No comments:

Post a Comment